Automotive Chemicals & Supplies!
How much does shipping cost?
We use the UPS calculator provided by UPS to determine our shipping prices. These rates come directly from UPS and are calculated based on the weight of the item(s) ordered and distance between us and you. In the checkout process, you will be shown your total including estimated shipping before you are asked to give your credit card information.
If your street address is not within the contiguous 48 United States, you can email a request that your order be shipped by US Mail.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we do. However, some items like live materials and chemicals can not be shipped outside the continental united states.
What shipping options does Science Stuff provide?
We use UPS for domestic orders and UPS WorldExpress and US Postal Service for international orders. Below is a list of the different methods we use, and their service restrictions.
- Domestic Orders
- UPS Ground - The most popular option. You may choose this option to ship to any street address within the contiguous 48 United States. Usually ships the next business day. Does not ship to Alaska or Hawaii. Does not ship to PO boxes. (If you are in the Armed Services, you may use your APO address, but your order will be shipped via parcel post) However, US Postal Service does not provide guarantees on delivery time and all packages shipped overseas are subject to customs delays.
Usually arrives in 3 - 5 business days.
- UPS 3 Day Select
- UPS 2nd Day Air
- UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.
- UPS Next Day Air Saver
- UPS Next Day Air
- UPS Next Day Air Early A.M.
- International Orders
- US Mail International
- UPS Worldwide Express
- UPS Worldwide Expedited
More information about these shipping options can be found at UPS: Service Guide web page.
Any special instructions for Chemicals, Live Materials and Agar ?
Please see below.
Agar plates are highly susceptible to adverse temperature conditions. Therefore, we cannot ship it UPS Ground. If you order Mon-Wed, depending on temperature and weather conditions, we may have to ship Next day or 2nd Day Air. If you order on Thu, Next Day Air is the only option if you want it shipped on the same day OR shipment can be delayed till next Monday and then shipped 2nd Day Air to save on shipping costs. If you order on Friday, we will ship it on next Monday only.
- Chemicals can not be shipped out of the 48 contiguous States!!
- Shipping charges for chemicals is a separate charge
that will be added to your total. These items will ship UPS Ground only directly from the chemical lab.
- Hazardous chemicals will be shipped to Schools and Laboratories only!
- Allow two weeks for delivery of chemicals.
- SOME PRODUCTS ARE SUBJECT TO AN ADDITIONAL $27.50 UPS HAZARDOUS MATERIAL SURCHARGE.
- Live Bacteria for Students will be shipped to Schools only!
- Live Materials can not be shipped out of the 48 contiguous states!
- Shipping charges for living materials is a separate charge that will be added to your total. These items will ship UPS directly from the culture lab.
- Some live materials will require from 2 days to a week to be cultured before they can ship.
- Most live materials require Next Day or 2nd Day Air shipping.
- Live Materials will ship Monday - Wednesday, except where indicated. Weather conditions may delay shipping or require next day air shipping.
- Some items require special handling. A handling charge of $5.00 will be added for shipments of live materials totaling less than $30.00.
- In winter months, a heat pad (about $2.00) is inserted to keep live materials from freezing.
About us | Create Account | How to Order | Shipping | Returns
Chemical Information | Track your order | FAQ | Privacy | Contact Us
Copyright © 2013, Science Stuff, Inc. Science Stuff is a registered mark of Science Stuff, Inc.